Group Volunteer Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in bringing your group to volunteer at Midlands Humane Society! Occasionally we have special projects that we can use extra hands with as well as performing everyday duties at the shelter.
We have included a list of volunteer opportunities that are typically available. If you would like to help please fill out the form below and we are certain we will find a way for you to make a difference.
- Spreading mulch
- Planting flowers
- Deep cleaning
- Small projects
- Filling enrichment toys
These projects do not always include hands-on contact with the animals in our care, nor are they always available, but they are all very important aspects in helping an animal in need.
Due to limited space in our facility and sometimes limited need in these areas of volunteering, we cannot always accommodate groups of volunteers at MHS, but you can always help in other ways such as:
- Hosting your own fundraiser or charity event
- Donating items from our Wish List
- Make animal enrichment toys and treats
- Sponsoring one of our annual events
We would love to give you a tour of our building when you drop off your work, please give at least a 24-hour notice of when you will be coming so we can plan accordingly.
Please note: Volunteers who partake in animal care go through required training and make monthly commitments to their position. If you are interested in helping in this way, please read more about becoming a volunteer here at MHS. We would love to have you on our team!
If your group is interested in volunteering at Midlands Humane Society:
- We request there be a maximum of 15 volunteers
- Any children in the group must be at least 13 years old (please give notice if there is anyone under the age of 18 volunteering)
- Please commit to volunteering 2 hours minimum
- Some volunteer work may be done outside so please dress appropriately (you will probably get dirty - inside or outside!)
- We request you make arrangements at least 2 weeks in advance of the date you are requesting. MHS operates with minimal staff and not all dates will be available.
You may also call 712-396-2263 to speak to Derek Rollins for more information on volunteering.