Midlands Humane Society (MHS) is excited to announce the Kevin Bills Memorial Dog Park, Council Bluff’s first ever off-leash dog park. The dog park is a grassy space on the north and west side of the Midlands Humane Society Facility. Fully enclosed with fencing with a two gate entry system for dog safety, the park will have dog play structures, benches, running water and dog waste dispensers.
While initial discussions began many years ago amongst board members, a small planning committee started meeting in February 2015 to bring this dream to a reality. In conjunction with a very generous capital campaign gift, the park is named to honor the memory of Kevin Bills. The dog park will have controlled access for members only and will be a great place where Council Bluffs residents can gather to enjoy time together with their four-legged family members.
The park opened in February 2016 and has separate fenced areas for large and small dogs. Dog park memberships are $50 for a year (one household up to four dogs), with a renewal date of March 31, 2017.
Dog owners will be responsible for their dogs at all times while at the park and must follow specific rules and regulation. Some dog park rules include:
- No single owner / caretaker shall have more than three dogs in the dog park
- Dogs must be off-leash while inside the dog park
- Dogs must be over four months old and owners will be required to provide proof of city license and vaccination against Rabies, Distemper and Parvo
- Absolutely no aggressive dogs or animals other than dogs
- Spiked, pinch or shock collars are not allowed
Please fill out this application form and then use the link below for payment.