WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING FOR A PART-TIME CUSTOMER CARE & ADOPTION COUNSELOR.
The customer service/adoption counselor is responsible for providing service to the public, staff and the Midlands Humane Society.
- Greet, assist and direct the public.
- Perform data entry for all customer service activities and other shelter departments.
- Assist staff and customers with adoptions.
- Reconcile cash, checks, and credit card payments with data entry to the system.
- Maintain, balance and reconcile individual daily cash drawers.
- Answer shelter phones and provide appropriate information to callers.
- Accept monetary and material donations from the public
- Resolve customer complaints in person and on the phone
- Assist in the intake and processing of all surrendered animals brought into the shelter.
- Prescreen owner surrendered animals for entry into adoption program
- Record and report and behavior and/or medical observations on incoming animals
- Return impounded animals to owners as appropriate and collect fees.
- Maintain shelter files and database.
- Write clear and concise memos and letters.
- Complete customer lost and found reports and walk public through stray kennels to identify pets.
- Represent the Midlands Humane Society in a professional, compassionate manner to the public.
- Work closely with other shelter staff to ensure proper handling of all animals and provide quality service to the public.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer, filing and general clerical skills-proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must possess maturity, good judgment and professional manner
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Pleasant manner in telephone and personal contacts
- Ability to work with animals without allergic reaction
- Ability to identify and properly handle aggressive animals
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to calmly deal with irate or anxious customers
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
Working Conditions & Hours
Must be willing to work irregular hours and overtime including evenings, weekends and holidays. This is a part time, 20-25 hours per week position. Schedule may vary depending on the needs of the Midlands Humane Society shelter operation.
This job description is intended to be illustrative. Every duty expected of this position is not listed above. This is not a contract and the Board of Directors reserves the right to change its contents at any time. The MHS complies with the guidelines set forth in the ADA Act of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, or status as a disabled veteran of the Vietnam era. The MHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume by e-mail to: email@example.com