To protect and nurture companion animals and enrich the lives of people who love them.
We visualize a better Community through loving relationships between people and pets.
Our Core Values
- Compassion, Quality Care & Respect for Animals & People
- Exceptional Customer Experience
- Advocacy, Education & Support
- Collaboration & Partnership
- Appreciation for Staff, Volunteers & Supporters
- Healthy Work Environment
- Sound Stewardship
Helping tails find happy endings!
- Spay & Neuter
- Prevent cruelty
- Promote responsible pet ownership
- Celebrate the human-animal bond
- Engage community involvement
Our Programs & Services
As the first humane society in Council Bluffs we strive to provide Council Bluffs and the surrounding community with a comprehensive animal welfare center offering a safe and comfortable environment for the animals. This will include excellent standards of care, proactive adoption services that match pets with adopters, plus a diverse array of volunteer opportunities, community outreach and public education programs, both at our animal shelter and off-site.